How do I perform a dumbbell squat?

Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Grab a dumbbell in each hand and allow your arms to hang at your side. Slowly squat, bending your knees, pushing your hips back and keeping your feet straight.  Squat three-quarters of the way down. Keep your chest up, contract your glutes and press through your heels as you return to the starting position.

Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, feet pointed straight forward, dumbbell in each hand. Slowly squat, like sitting down in a chair, keeping your knees in line over your toes, feet flat on the floor, and back straight throughout the movement. Then stand back up. If you are new to squats and unsure of how far you can go down try squatting over a bench. All the movements are the same, but if you have an issue, you can just sit down on the bench and not run the risk of falling to the floor.
Wendy Batts
Fitness
When performing a dumbbell squat, begin by standing with your feet pointed straight ahead and shoulder-width apart.  With a dumbbell in each hand, slowly squat down by bending your knees and bringing your hips back. Be sure to keep your feet straight and your kneecaps in line with your 2-3 toes. Continue to squat down to approximately a chair level height. Pause at the bottom and then return to the starting position by squeezing your glutes and fully coming out of the squat position. Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a single leg cable extension two arm?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
When performing a single-leg, 2 arm cable extension exercise you want to first select the amount of ...
Why is it important to use a full range of motion when exercising?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Using a full range of motion when exercising is very important for developing and maintaining good f...
How Can I Exercise Without Going to the Gym?