What exercises can I do in my hotel room if I don't want to go to the gym?

Well there are many things you can do if you don't want to go to the gym.  There are many body weight exercises that you can do like squats, lunges, push-ups, crunches and leg raises to name a few.  Also you can bring tubing with you to do workouts like chest presses, rows, arm curls, tube walks and shoulder presses.  However one of the best products out there is the TRX Suspension trainer.  This product will allow you to attach it to a door and you will be able to do a full body workout with easy.  So as you can see there are many alternatives for you to do by not going to the gym.

I am not plugging this for any particular reason because I do not use it but if I traveled I would use the TRX exclusively.  The problem with traveling is you can not be consistent with your workouts because the gyms in hotels will vary greatly.  Cardio can generally be easy because most hotels have treadmills, bikes and ellipticals but the weights and equipment will vary greatly.  

TRX gives you a good enough workout that it is featured in many gyms today.  It is small enough that it fits into any small bag.  I have trained on a TRX many times in the past and the workout is very very good and absolutely ideal for those traveling or most importantly for those who want to just workout in their room.  I believe the TRX comes with a DVD and instructions, great product.

Check it out:

www.fitnessanywhere.com

Find a DVD, website, or book that describes different body weight workouts. You will be surprised what you can do with your own body and a little creativity. If you can, pick up a set of exercise tubing, This will allow you have a portable workout facility that you can bring with youon the road. There are endless workout options utilizing your body and tubing.

Continue Learning about Travelling & Exercise

Be an Active Commuter
Be an Active Commuter
Most Mayan pyramids had 91 steps on each of their four sides, with one last step up to the altar (total 365). That meant the High Priest did a minimum...
How can I stop weight gain while traveling for work?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
Plan ahead. If you cannot find healthy food at the airport, bring a sandwich with you. There are mor...
What can I do to stay fit when I travel?
Mr. Donovan GreenMr. Donovan Green
One of the best ways to stay fit when traveling is to bring a medium size resistance band. This is t...
How can I prevent my lower back from hurting after a long trip?
Very often lower back pain is caused by tightness in the calves, hamstrings, and hip flexors. These ...