What exercises can I do in my hotel room if I don't want to go to the gym?

Find a DVD, website, or book that describes different body weight workouts. You will be surprised what you can do with your own body and a little creativity. If you can, pick up a set of exercise tubing, This will allow you have a portable workout facility that you can bring with youon the road. There are endless workout options utilizing your body and tubing.

I am not plugging this for any particular reason because I do not use it but if I traveled I would use the TRX exclusively.  The problem with traveling is you can not be consistent with your workouts because the gyms in hotels will vary greatly.  Cardio can generally be easy because most hotels have treadmills, bikes and ellipticals but the weights and equipment will vary greatly.  

TRX gives you a good enough workout that it is featured in many gyms today.  It is small enough that it fits into any small bag.  I have trained on a TRX many times in the past and the workout is very very good and absolutely ideal for those traveling or most importantly for those who want to just workout in their room.  I believe the TRX comes with a DVD and instructions, great product.

Check it out:

www.fitnessanywhere.com

Well there are many things you can do if you don't want to go to the gym.  There are many body weight exercises that you can do like squats, lunges, push-ups, crunches and leg raises to name a few.  Also you can bring tubing with you to do workouts like chest presses, rows, arm curls, tube walks and shoulder presses.  However one of the best products out there is the TRX Suspension trainer.  This product will allow you to attach it to a door and you will be able to do a full body workout with easy.  So as you can see there are many alternatives for you to do by not going to the gym.

Continue Learning about Travelling & Exercise

Be an Active Commuter
Be an Active Commuter
Most Mayan pyramids had 91 steps on each of their four sides, with one last step up to the altar (total 365). That meant the High Priest did a minimum...
How can I stay active during a vacation?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
Here are a few suggestions for an active vacation: Take a bike tour See every painting or exhibit ...
How can I stick with an exercise regimen while on vacation?
Mr. Donovan GreenMr. Donovan Green
Sticking with an exercise regimen can be hard when you're on vacation. In this video, I will offer s...
What can I do to stay fit when I travel?
Grannies on SafariGrannies on Safari
A traveler loses control over food choices by restaurant availability, by being restricted to what i...