Maintaining supple tissues by paying attention to stretching and flexibility is very important. Simply put, flexible soft tissue performs better than stiff tissue! Flexibility also maintains the stretch/reflex response of muscle and thereby boosts speed. Finally, stretching may reduce delayed exercise soreness.
- Q What is good standing posture?
- Q What is the medial collateral ligament (MCL)?
- Q Where is the abdominal cavity?
- Q What is the function of the anterior cruciate ligament or ACL?
- Q What is the difference between the shoulder joint and the rotator cuff?
- Q What is a meniscus?