Why do I practice pulling in swimming?

Swimming with a pull buoy can strengthen the upper body and the strength and stamina of the pull phase in a swim stroke. Isolating the rotation and arms can help a swimmer to focus their attention on only portion of the swim stroke. This can help develop a more forceful rotation as well as a stronger pull phase. Pull buoys can also be used with finger paddles and arm paddles to emphasize the catch phase of the swim stroke. Swimming with a pull buoy also gives swimmers an opportunity to rest their legs.

Continue Learning about Swimming

Is the butterfly stroke bad for my shoulder?
Aaron Nelson Aaron Nelson
Swimming is an event or exercise that incorporates the entire body (upper, lower and core). Repetiti...
What is a stretch I can do to target the back of my arms for swimming?
The triceps are located on the back side of the arm and are responsible for straightening the el...
Best Workouts to Fight Fibro Pain and Fatigue
Best Exercise for a Healthy Back
Best Exercise for a Healthy Back