What is swimming golf?

Swim golf is an excellent game to incorporate into your workouts to add an element of competition and challenge. It combines both stroke count and speed to produce your score. You add together the number of strokes you took for a given distance to your total time in seconds. That is your score. The objective is to decrease your score with each subsequent interval. Just as in golf, the lower the score the better. What this game emphasizes is that going faster, but taking more stroke counts, or being less efficient, is not always desirable, as that combination may very well increase your total score as oppose to decrease it. Time as well as efficiency are the dual components here that swimmers need to focus on in order to achieve a better score. A more efficient swim stroke will require less strokes to cover the same distance, and in a decreased amount of time. Swim golf drives home this point, while making a game of the principle, adding an element of fun to the challenge. You can play swim golf for any distance sets. Five x 100 is a fine swim golf set, as is 10 x 50 or even longer sets of 200, 300 or even 500. Keep in mind that the longer the interval, the more strokes an athlete needs to remember, so I would not recommend a set longer than 500; even a 500 is difficult to remember total strokes.

Continue Learning about Swimming

How do I develop power in my swimming stroke?
Try performing the reverse freestyle exercise with bands, tubing or swim cords. Reverse freestyl...
Why is balance so important in swimming?
The key to swimming fast, efficiently, and strong is to maximize balance in the water and minimize d...
The Best Exercise for a Healthy Back
The Best Exercise for a Healthy Back
Best Workouts to Fight Fibromyalgia Pain and Fatigue