What are some good stress-saving tips to manage my time better at work?

While it would be a mistake for me to assume there's only one way to work, I do think there are some traits and behaviors that can make time and energy management a whole lot easier. But here are three things you should consciously try to integrate into your workday if you haven't already:
- Map your Day: Though you don't have to stick to an exact schedule, you can get some stress relief if you can organize your tasks and not leave your day to total chance. Don't work off the inbox...work off your plan for the day. (Only manage the inbox after you've done what you desire to do.)
- Break Often: Take a walk, have a bottle of water, clear your head. It's all part of energy management. The few minutes you spend away from your desk will make you more efficient when you get back.
- Enlist Troops: We know that people are pretty stubborn when it comes to trying to accomplish goals on their own; they think it's a sign of failure if they show weakness or an inability to do a job. But you'll reduce stress (and save time) by asking for help when you need it.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Stress

Ease Work Stress
Ease Work Stress
Do you work with people who are cranky, antsy, or fed up to the point of negatively acting out toward you and others? If so, you're not alone. A recen...
Can a bad economy affect my health?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
The harsh reality is that more Americans will suffer from acute stress-related illness and chronic d...
What Can I Do Every Day to Remain Centered?
How Does Early Trauma in Childhood Affect Health?