What are some causes of stress for women?

While men can certainly fall into this same trap, I find that as women we are especially prone to the misgivings of overscheduled and overcommitted lives, particularly given the roles we accept in society (mom, wife, daughter, caretaker, homemaker, dog walker, bookkeeper, friend, mentor, employee or business owner, and so on.)

Not surprisingly, women report feeling the effects of stress on their physical health more than men. We rob from our precious sleep time to pay the bills, keep everyone else happy at home and work, and check off the to-do list. This also sets us up for falling into many unhealthy habits such as avoiding exercise, drinking too much alcohol, losing sight of what a healthy meal is, and resorting to lots of processed foods that will do exactly what you don’t want to happen: pack on weight and age you prematurely.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Stress

Tame Stress To Avoid Belly Fat
Tame Stress To Avoid Belly Fat
Everyday events can cause you to feel stressed -- and that’s not all bad. Brief blasts of stress can focus your attention and motivate you, and there’...
How can I wake up to a stress-free morning?
Michael B. Finkelstein, MDMichael B. Finkelstein, MD
Here are some ways to wake up to a stress-free morning: Don't turn on the news channel. Don't ...
I Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me Down
I Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me DownI Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me DownI Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me DownI Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me Down
I never realized how anxious I was until my phone analyzed the stress in my voice.
Who Handles Stress Better, Men or Women?