How can snacking on pistachios reduce stress?

Pistachios are one of the lowest calorie, lowest fat, and highest fiber nuts. They are also full of nutrients that can help prevent heart disease, lower cholesterol, and help stop cell damage. During times of stress, this nutritious nut helps lower your blood pressure and heart rate. One serving is roughly 50 kernels -- so crack into a few!

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Stress

Stressed About Retirement? Here's How to Ease Your Mind
Worried about saving enough for retirement? You’re not alone. A 2016 survey of 1,000 workers found that it was a top source of financial stress, regar...
Stressed? Take Those Old Records off the Shelf
When your body is in knots and your mind won't let your worries rest, you might think that a massage is the way to go. But here's a cheaper, quicker f...
What should I ask my doctor about stress?
Review the following questions about stress so you're prepared to discuss this important health issu...
How Does Early Trauma in Childhood Affect Health?