How does the Sharecare App’s voice analysis work?

Erik Feingold
Healthcare
The technology looks for stress-patterns in your voice while you speak on the phone. These so-called fractal patterns are associated with certain brain signals. Then, all that information is analyzed and organized into six types of stress: nervousness, discomfort, anxiety, worry, irritation and impatience, across five intensities ranging from calm, productive, uneasy, intense to very intense. The technology also identifies our responses to stress, known as the tendencies to “fight, flight or freeze.” They depend on the situation and on personality.

The stress intensity is presented on the following scale: 
  • CALM: Dark green. The absence of elevated stress. You are Living in the Green.
  • PRODUCTIVE: Light green. You are engaged.
  • UNEASY: Yellow. Your stress levels have moved into an uncomfortable level.
  • INTENSE: Orange. You are clearly stressed.
  • VERY INTENSE: Red. You are deep in the Danger Zone! Time spent in this level is extremely uncomfortable and should not persist over extended periods of time.

Continue Learning about Stress

Why You Need to Care About Stress—and How to Start Managing It Now
Whether you’re stuck in traffic, worried about money or just had an argument with your partner, stress is a part of our daily lives. Bigger stressors ...
What is my body's relaxation response?
Susie WhitworthSusie Whitworth
The relaxation response is inborn in everyone and results in a letting go of tension. When the relax...
5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out
5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out
Stress is a normal part of life—but some is within your control. Find out which habits—an unhealthy diet, skimping on sleep—cause stress overload.
How Can I Deal with the Stress In My Life?