How can charity work help reduce stress?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
Have you ever signed up to volunteer in community events? Have you ever offered your time and expertise to a local youth club or adult-education center? Have you ever joined a mentorship program that matches you with another individual who wants to learn your skills? Have you ever watched a group of volunteers cleaning up a park or beach and wished you could join them? There are dozens of ways you can give back and do charity work. Though the media likes to focus on how giving back is the practical way in which each one of us can have an impact in the world and effect global change, think about what it gives the person who is doing the giving back: a chance to forge new friendships, to squelch feelings of isolation and stress, and to enjoy the act of making a difference that will surely make a difference on a much smaller -- yes, energetic -- level.
Mom Energy: A Simple Plan to Live Fully Charged

From celebrated dietitian Ashley Koff and fitness trainer to the stars Kathy Kaehler comes Mom Energy, an exciting new way for moms to tap into their own natural and renewable sources of...

Continue Learning about Stress

Why Meditation Makes You More Productive
Who has time for meditation or relaxation when you’re “crazy busy”? Many of us think of stress management practices as frivolous time away from work a...
What is allostasis?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
In 1988, Peter Sterling and Joseph Eyer of the University of Pennsylvania named the homeostatic proc...
8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By
8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By
Try these expert-approved tips the next time you're feeling overwhelmed.
How Can I Deal with the Stress In My Life?