My workouts are stale, got anything that can light a fire underneath me?

Training variation is good for a power lifter for many different reasons. The first is the boredom.  Performing the same workout day in and day out, week after week can lead to boredom and decrease your desire to train. The second is, lack of variation can lead to over training and repetitive use injuries. If you perform the exact same types of workouts every week, certain muscles and muscle groups will be trained more than other muscle groups. Over time this can lead to muscular imbalances which can lead to injury. By varying your workouts, you decrease the risk of injury by challenging your muscles in a new way. Finally, if you perform the same workouts consistently, eventually your body will stop responding to them and performance will halt. If you are looking for a change and something fun, yet challenging, and similar to power lifting. I'd recommend trying strong man competition training for a few weeks or months. The lifts of odd shaped objects likes stones, crosses, sand bags, and kegs will provide you with a challenging workout that will engage your muscles in ways they have not been worked before. The lifts are challenging but also a lot of fun and the new strength from having to lift cumbersome objects will improve your strength on the bar when you come back to it.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

How does anger affect my athletic performance?
Anger has many impacts on performance. The biggest impact of anger on performance is that it doe...
How do I increase my cadence?
When trying to increase cadence, you are teaching yourself a new activity. Some athletes find th...
How often should I adjust my paces as an athlete?
As athletes get faster, their training paces need to adjust accordingly. What was once a challen...
How many calories do I burn stand up paddleboarding?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Estimates of calories burned stand up paddleboarding in a one-hour workout range from 250 to 1,000, ...