What vegan foods can I prepare for my family?

Vandana  R. Sheth
There are many different choices when it comes to family meals that are vegan. Meatless meals are healthy for all. You can also make slight changes to your current menus to accommodate everyone’s needs. For example, if you plan to make pasta with a meat-based sauce, simply take out some marinara sauce prior to adding meat. Supplement the marinara sauce with crumbled tofu or lentils for added protein for your vegetarian child. When making salads, prior to adding chicken or fish, set some aside and add beans, lentils, seeds, nuts for a vegetarian option. Consider creating more “build your own” version of meals -- taco bar, salad bar, burgers (meat and veggie), so that it is the same meal that is customized individually per dietary preference.

Continue Learning about Special Diets

Boost Your Brain Health: The MIND Diet
Boost Your Brain Health: The MIND Diet
Craig Breslow, dubbed “the smartest man in baseball,” pitched for seven MLB teams, including the Cleveland Indians in 2008. That was after he attended...
How Effective Is the HCG Diet for Weight Loss?
How Is Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treated?
How Do I Treat Gas and Bloating If I Have Irritable Bowel Syndrome?