What meals can I serve at home if my child is a vegan?

Vandana  R. Sheth
You can avoid becoming a “short order” cook in your own home by planning your meals. Meatless meals are healthy for all. You can also make slight changes to menus to accommodate everyone’s needs. For example, if you plan to make pasta with a meat-based sauce, simply take out some marinara sauce prior to adding meat. Supplement the marinara sauce with crumbled tofu or lentils for added protein for your vegetarian child. When making salads, prior to adding chicken or fish, set some aside and add beans, lentils, seeds, nuts for a vegetarian option. Consider creating more “build your own” version of meals -- taco bar, salad bar, burgers (meat and veggie), so that it is the same meal that is customized individually per dietary preference.

Continue Learning about Special Diets

Flex Your Flexitarian Muscles
Flex Your Flexitarian Muscles
Worldwide, vegetarians overwhelmingly outnumber meat-eaters! According to a study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, around 4 billion folk...
Are Probiotics a New Treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
How Is Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treated?
How Do I Treat Gas and Bloating If I Have Irritable Bowel Syndrome?