Can I lose weight by eating protein bars?

Ruth Frechman
Eating a protein bar for a meal can be an effective way to lose weight, because you are controlling the amount of calories consumed. Bars are easy to carry with you. On the negative side the bars tend to be expensive, and some people may not like the taste. Overall, it's about the total amount of calories that you eat in a day. A protein bar can be used as a meal replacement. However, you don't only want to eat protein bars. Your body needs balance. Fruits, vegetables, and whole grains are important sources of nutrients and need to be included in your diet.

Continue Learning about Snacking and Weight Loss

Slim Down with Green Snacks
Slim Down with Green Snacks
Here's a simple way you can start living greener, and get slimmer in the process. Reach for low-carbon-footprint snacks, suggests nutrition expert Ka...
Are protein bars a good snack if I'm trying to lose weight?
Getting enough protein is essential if you're trying to lose weight, but protein bars aren't nec...
How do I stop late night snacking?
Ximena JimenezXimena Jimenez
It will be wise to find what is causing the late night snacking, is it boredom, stress, emotional ea...
Best Snack for Dieters: Nuts or Pretzels?