Snacking and Weight Loss

Can I lose weight by eating protein bars?

• ARuth Frechman, Nutrition & Dietetics, answered on behalf of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
    Eating a protein bar for a meal can be an effective way to lose weight, because you are controlling the amount of calories consumed. Bars are easy to carry with you. On the negative side the bars tend to be expensive, and some people may not like the taste. Overall, it's about the total amount of calories that you eat in a day. A protein bar can be used as a meal replacement. However, you don't only want to eat protein bars. Your body needs balance. Fruits, vegetables, and whole grains are important sources of nutrients and need to be included in your diet.
    Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
Can eating candy pieces instead of candy bars help me lose weight?