What should I know about my CPAP machine’s battery?

For many people, a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine is the most effective treatment option for obstructive sleep apnea, a common but serious sleep disorder in which breathing is interrupted while sleeping.

You will want to make sure that you have a battery backup for your CPAP machine. Check with the supplier of your CPAP machine, but if your machine does not have a battery included, many machines can be hooked up to a 12V battery. In the event of a power outage, you will be glad you have the battery in place. Depending on what type of battery you have, it may need to be recharged after every night, or possibly after every three or four nights.

Continue Learning about Sleep Apnea Treatment

Why is it necessary to treat sleep apnea?
Dr. Fred Y. Lin, MDDr. Fred Y. Lin, MD
Like high blood pressure and diabetes, sleep apnea is a chronic disease that can affect the quality ...
What is continuous positive airway pressure treatment (CPAP)?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Nasal continuous positive airway pressure (nasal CPAP) is now the treatment of choice for obstructiv...
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Is There a Mouthpiece That Helps with Sleep Apnea?