What does CPAP mean?

CPAP is the abbreviation for continuous positive airway pressure. This is a treatment for people who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea. With CPAP, a face mask is worn at night. The mask is attached to a machine that sends pressurized air into your airway, keeping it open while you sleep. This can help to eliminate snoring and other sleep apnea symptoms.

Continue Learning about Sleep Apnea Treatment

What is a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine?
American Academy of Sleep MedicineAmerican Academy of Sleep Medicine
Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) is a machine that uses a steady stream of air to gently k...
How can curing sleep apnea help the immune system?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Researchers have found that successfully curing snoring and obstructive sleep apnea will boost your ...
Is There a Mouthpiece That Helps with Sleep Apnea?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?