What does CPAP mean?

CPAP is the abbreviation for continuous positive airway pressure. This is a treatment for people who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea. With CPAP, a face mask is worn at night. The mask is attached to a machine that sends pressurized air into your airway, keeping it open while you sleep. This can help to eliminate snoring and other sleep apnea symptoms.

Continue Learning about Sleep Apnea Treatment

Can I travel if I use a continuous positive airway pressure machine?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
For many people, a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine is the most effective treatmen...
How can I prevent a CPAP machine from interfering with sex?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
My answer (and I don’t think this is all that revolutionary): schedule sex before bringing out the C...
Is There a Mouthpiece That Helps with Sleep Apnea?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?