What is the sleep apnea device that holds your jaw in place?

It is a device that was invented in the 1930s with research that started in the 1980s. Today there are over 70 designs. It fits in the mouth and goes over the upper and lower teeth.

It is used to treat obstructive sleep apnea by holding the lower jaw forward.

The most effective devises are adjustable and custom made by specially trained dentists who work with sleep physicians.

Continue Learning about Sleep Apnea Treatment

How can I prevent a CPAP machine from interfering with sex?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
My answer (and I don’t think this is all that revolutionary): schedule sex before bringing out the C...
What is the Pillar procedure?
Craig L. Schwimmer, MDCraig L. Schwimmer, MD
The Pillar Procedure is an FDA approved treatment for both snoring and mild-to-moderate sleep apnea....
Is There a Mouthpiece That Helps with Sleep Apnea?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?