Why shouldn't I put petroleum jelly on my lips?

Don't put Vaseline on your lips. Vaseline is made from the goop that comes from oil drills (petroleum jelly, remember?), so it's something you don't want too close to your mouth because you'll ingest little bits each day. Instead, use cocoa butter or Burt's Bees Balm to moisten up dry lips (they use beeswax -- good for bees, ok for you).
YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Are Your Personal Care Products Putting Your Kids at Risk
The first baby shampoo debuted in the 1950s. Johnson & Johnson marketed the product with the slogan “no more tears.” Decades later, it turned out ther...
How Can I Stop Making Facial Expressions That Cause Wrinkles?
How Can I Make My Skin Glow?
How Can I Make My Skin Glow?
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?