Why shouldn't I put petroleum jelly on my lips?

Don't put Vaseline on your lips. Vaseline is made from the goop that comes from oil drills (petroleum jelly, remember?), so it's something you don't want too close to your mouth because you'll ingest little bits each day. Instead, use cocoa butter or Burt's Bees Balm to moisten up dry lips (they use beeswax -- good for bees, ok for you).
YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Fun Facts About Goosebumps
Fun Facts About Goosebumps
Did You Know …. 1. The term “goosebumps” comes from the way a person’s skin looks when they form: like a plucked goose. 2. Medical terms for goosebu...
What causes cellulite?
Jeannette O. Graf, MDJeannette O. Graf, MD
Cellulite is caused and aggravated by genetics and hormones; connective tissue chambers trap fat cel...
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them.
Is there Any Exercise I Can Perform for the Muscles in My Neck?