Where is strength and conditioning taught for skaters?

Strength and conditioning is usually taught in a gym, outdoors, or in a private training facility. Strength and conditioning can be instructed by a certified trainer, coach, or athletic trainer. It is conditioning that takes place off the ice, and is necessary to increase skills, enhance performance, and reduce the chance of injury. It is advisable to obtain a good referral from a trusted source and ensure that the instructor is well-qualified to administer appropriate exercises in a progressive manner. The location for training off-ice should be safe, including good lighting, appropriate flooring surfaces, and ample space. Tools such as stability balls, weights, bands, foam rollers, and medicine balls are useful and should be available.

Continue Learning about Skating

How can I enhance my endurance for skating?
Endurance is an important component for figure skating. During a long or short program, the demands ...
What is the best way to recover after a skating workout?
Rest is very important after a workout especially if the workout was particularly strenuous. Getting...
Can kettlebell training enhance my skating endurance?
Mike Allard , NASM Elite TrainerMike Allard , NASM Elite Trainer
Absolutely! Kettlebell training is renown for increasing muscular endurance. Choose ballistic exerci...
How do I increase my flexibility for skating without getting injured?
Increasing flexibility to execute certain skating moves is very important. After an assessment has b...