Where is strength and conditioning taught for skaters?

Strength and conditioning is usually taught in a gym, outdoors, or in a private training facility. Strength and conditioning can be instructed by a certified trainer, coach, or athletic trainer. It is conditioning that takes place off the ice, and is necessary to increase skills, enhance performance, and reduce the chance of injury. It is advisable to obtain a good referral from a trusted source and ensure that the instructor is well-qualified to administer appropriate exercises in a progressive manner. The location for training off-ice should be safe, including good lighting, appropriate flooring surfaces, and ample space. Tools such as stability balls, weights, bands, foam rollers, and medicine balls are useful and should be available.

Continue Learning about Skating

What are the basic skills for speed-skating?
The basic skills for speed skating include stopping, gliding, how to fall and get up, forward and ba...
Is there a way to know if I am overusing certain muscles while skating?
Many athletes such as skaters favor one side of their body. There tends to be a favorite jumping leg...
What muscles are important to work for rollerblading?
Eric Beard Eric Beard
I love rollerblading! Core stabilizer muscles (abs and low back) need to provide you your platform t...
Will balance training help my jumps for skating?
Susan Retzlaff, NASM Elite TrainerSusan Retzlaff, NASM Elite Trainer
Balance training involves core development and core development is essential to any sport. It takes ...