Where is strength and conditioning taught for skaters?

Strength and conditioning is usually taught in a gym, outdoors, or in a private training facility. Strength and conditioning can be instructed by a certified trainer, coach, or athletic trainer. It is conditioning that takes place off the ice, and is necessary to increase skills, enhance performance, and reduce the chance of injury. It is advisable to obtain a good referral from a trusted source and ensure that the instructor is well-qualified to administer appropriate exercises in a progressive manner. The location for training off-ice should be safe, including good lighting, appropriate flooring surfaces, and ample space. Tools such as stability balls, weights, bands, foam rollers, and medicine balls are useful and should be available.

Continue Learning about Skating

What is an example of a power move for a beginning skater?
Power moves, or reactive-training exercises, are quick and powerful movements that involve a red...
Will leg exercises help prevent injury when I skate?
The leg and hip musculature is very important to keep strong during skating and for everyday fun...
Will balance skills help my skating?
Balance skills are an important part of a performance training program, and can enhance skating ...
Will balance training help my jumps for skating?
Balance training is mandatory for improving joint and muscular control, and is also a component ...