What is Sharecare?

Paula Greer
Midwifery Nursing
Sharecare is a form of social media that allows consumers to get the best of healthcare information from a variety of healthcare experts. I encourage my clients to check out my page for answers to weight loss, gyn and pregnancy questions in between visits. I encourage them to be empowered and responsible for their own health care by reading the answers of all the experts and welcome discussions on any topic at their health care visit.
Sharecare is not only a wonderful opportunity and resource for consumers but it is a great opportunity for us health and fitness professionals.  Sharecare is very careful about who are allowed as experts on their platform and as a fitness professional I can tell you that it is an honor to be selected as an expert on their platform.

Sharecare is first and foremost a trusted resource for the american public but it is a tremendous opportunity for us fitness professionals and I speak for all of us when I say that we are grateful to be a part of this great movement and very excited to work with all of you who visit the site. 
Randolph P. Martin, MD
Sharecare is a consumer friendly website where you can get information from a variety of trusted, healthcare professionals about health and wellness. Watch this video to learn more from Dr. Randy P. Martin about Sharecare.

Bryce B. Wylde
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Sharecare is an interactive social question and answer platform designed to make the search for high quality healthcare information easy while having the best in the world answer your questions on health related topics.
Joanne Duncan-Carnesciali, CPT,NASM Elite Trainer
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
My Dad used to say, "You can't give away what you don't own."  Sharecare is the perfect forum for experts in their respective fields to share their knowledge and experience with individuals looking for accurate information.

A tool like Sharecare provides peace of mind by answering general health questions any time of day.

Sharecare empowers users with knowledge. People can search through topics, ask direct questions and even find a doctor and make an appointment.

Sharecare is different because it allows that direct connection with experts.

Sharecare is the ultimate resource for fitness professionals. This innovative platform provides a unique opportunity for trainers to interact with the leading experts across the wellness space. The readily available focused information coupled with best in class technology/tools allow the coaches to educate and train their clients and grow business. Simply put, Sharecare is a Gamechanger! 
Arianna Huffington
Health Education
Sharecare is a terrific resource. I love that it covers so many aspects of well being, from the flesh and blood mechanics of what makes us tick to the all-important philosophical and spiritual pieces of the equation. 
Dante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
From infancy to old age, people have questions about their dental health. Sharecare is a fantastic resource for learning the answers to those question. One of the great features about Sharecare is that there will be so many questions answered that people won’t need to search many different sites on the web for different opinions or answers. Sharecare has collected answers from some of the most trusted sources available today. I am proud to refer my patients to Sharecare.
Dr. Mehmet Oz explains how Sharecare makes health information available from a wide variety of sources. 

The Red Cross is the largest blood supplier in the U.S. and a leading authority in CPR, first aid, and water safety.

Sharecare offers the Red Cross a unique platform for sharing that expertise on many common questions people have every day. Sharecare's Q&A format and the ability to get answers from many credible and expert sources will be of great value for everyone.

Sharecare is to me what a great dog or best friend is, but one with expertise on all subjects, not just a provider of comfort and stress relief.

This trusted source will help me to find answers to health questions (note: not just medical, but Wellness, with a capital W, as that’s how you stay healthy enough to avoid the medical system for longer than your dog’s grandchildren would be around).

So when I want to find out how good the data is on Irvingia Gabonensis causing weight loss or the impact of HDL increases I can ask Sharecare. And bingo—if the answer isn’t there, they find the answer for me from some of the best experts in the world. Try doing that on a search engine. With the launch of Sharecare, I’m looking forward to finding even better answers, and with interactive videos that show me mechanisms. Yep, I can be a better doc, and a smarter consumer with Sharecare. It means a trusted best friend with expertise and to know for sure what is best for my health.

Nurses are recognized as the most trusted healthcare providers. The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), whose members are leaders in all areas of nursing, is pleased to provide consumer-focused information needed to make good healthcare decisions. STTI is excited to partner with Sharecare to advance health education through this multidisciplinary website.
Jeff Arnold
Healthcare
Sharecare is a health and wellness engagement platform that Dr. Oz and I created to provide you with personalized resources to help you live your healthiest life. Nearly 40 million people have shared more than 5 billion data points about their health status and habits with us, and we use that information to create a comprehensive health profile for you, allowing you to access all of your health resources in one place, and dynamically connect to the knowledge, evidence-based programs and health professionals you need. 

Continue Learning about Sharecare

How do I become part of the Sharecare community?
Jeff ArnoldJeff Arnold
To become a valuable part of the Sharecare community, you can start by asking questions. Your questi...
How did Sharecare begin?
Sharecare was created to provide a wealth of health information from a wide range of reputable s...
What Is Sharecare?
What Is Sharecare?
Is Sharecare about globalized medicine?
Is Sharecare about globalized medicine?