What sex positions can I try if my partner has a small penis?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
The following sex positions can be a real benefit for men with smaller penises and their partners. Try these suggestions:
  • Put the squeeze on. Try using your pelvic floor muscles to squeeze around his penis during intercourse, which will add friction for both of you and can boost your arousal by increasing blood flow to the area. Make the same movements you would during Kegel exercises (tightening the same muscles you'd use to stop the flow of urine), which can be either quick pulses or longer contractions.
  • Hop on top. Positions that allow you to grind against his pelvis -- rather than relying on deep penetration -- like "woman on top" are good choices for men with smaller penises and their partners. Flip around into "reverse cowgirl" (you're on top, but facing his feet) to add G-spot stimulation if you enjoy it.
  • Try a different motion. A man can change the way he thrusts during sex to give increased stimulation to the vagina. Instead of simply thrusting in and out, he can use more of a circular motion from front to back so that the sides of his erection contact and stretch the opening and the walls of the vagina. This gives you the sensation of experiencing a wider penis as well as creates more pleasurable tension on the labia and the clitoris. Some women experience orgasm with penetration for the first time with this motion because of the added stimulation. The best position for a man to accomplish this is one where he has control and full mobility of his hips, usually missionary or on his knees.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Eat Yogurt to Rev Up Your Sex Life
Eat Yogurt to Rev Up Your Sex Life
A funny thing happened while researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) were testing the effects of yogurt on obese mice: unexpect...
What kind of challenges can I face as a transgender in society?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Many people of color are faced with difficult choices around their sexuality, gender, and coming out...
8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now
8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now
You can improve your health just by being intimate.
What Is an Estrogen Ring and How Can It Help with Vaginal Pain or Dryness?