What is a realistic weight loss goal?

If you have a fair amount of weight to lose, it's only natural to wish you could lose it fast -- but that's not smart or sustainable, says actress and Dr. Oz Show guest Rosie O'Donnell. In this video, the television personality talks about where she is in her weight-loss journey.

Marisa Moore

A weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week is the general recommendation for safe and sustainable weight loss. Aim for this weekly target to reach your ultimate goal. While this may seem slow to some people, the slow and steady method tends to help you keep the weight off.

Continue Learning about Setting Weight-Loss Goals

Why should I understand why I want to lose weight?
Penny Ragusano, NASM Elite TrainerPenny Ragusano, NASM Elite Trainer
In my opinion, understanding our reason for wanting to lose weight is empowering.  It raises our awa...
What are the benefits of visualizing my weight loss goals?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Defining your goal, visualizing it regularly, and setting it into the cosmic energy field, is the ...
Heidi Skolnik - Set Weight Goal
Heidi Skolnik - Set Weight Goal
What’s the Secret to Keeping a New Year’s Resolution?