A shellfish allergy shouldn't prevent you from taking fish oil, but if you're allergic to all seafood, look for vegetarian sources of omega-3s, such as supplements made from algae or flaxseed oil.
- Q What are IgE-mediated food allergies?
- Q How is a dairy allergy different from lactose intolerance?
- Q How many people have food allergies?
- Q Can I take coral calcium if I have a seafood allergy?
- Q How can a food sensitivity to corn mimic gluten sensitivity in the body?
- Q Why has there been an increase in food allergies?