What can I do in rugby training to help me recover faster between bursts?

To decrease your recovery time, you should add similar game demands into your conditioning training. For instance, rather than just running for a set distance or performing a pre-determined number of sprints, incorporate some movement circuits. You can vary the pace you are moving as well as the type of movement you are performing during these circuits. For example, you can go from performing a lateral change of direction drill to a short sprint, to a gentle jog/walk, etc. As you can see from this circuit, your pace changes and the type of movement you perform does as well. The more you can mimic your training to what you do in the game, the better the carry-over will be.

Continue Learning about Rugby