Weight loss and cachexia amongst people with Rheumatoid Arthritis is thought to be due to cytokine production which increases resting metabolic rate and protein breakdown. Due to an inability to adequately meet their nutritional needs especially the increased calorie and protein needs weight loss might occur.
- Q What is Rheumatoid Arthritis joint destruction?
- Q What is hand and finger Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Q What does the term arthritis refer to in Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Q What are possible complications of rheumatic diseases?
- Q What is rheumatoid arthritis?
- Q What areas of the body are commonly affected by rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?