Weight loss and cachexia amongst people with Rheumatoid Arthritis is thought to be due to cytokine production which increases resting metabolic rate and protein breakdown. Due to an inability to adequately meet their nutritional needs especially the increased calorie and protein needs weight loss might occur.
- Q Can orthotic devices improve the way I live with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- Q Does rheumatoid arthritis (RA) put me at greater risk for disabilities?
- Q How can rheumatic diseases be prevented?
- Q Is Rheumatoid Arthritis an inflammatory disorder?
- Q Can rheumatoid arthritis (RA) go into remission?
- Q What are some serious RA complications?