Weight loss and cachexia amongst people with Rheumatoid Arthritis is thought to be due to cytokine production which increases resting metabolic rate and protein breakdown. Due to an inability to adequately meet their nutritional needs especially the increased calorie and protein needs weight loss might occur.
- Q Is Rheumatoid Arthritis an inflammatory disorder?
- Q What is Rheumatoid Arthritis joint destruction?
- Q What is hand and finger Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Q Will rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affect my heart?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with rheumatoid arthritis?
- Q Can orthotic devices improve the way I live with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?