<p>Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic <a href="/health/rheumatoid-arthritis/how-rheumatoid-arthritis-affect-joints">inflammatory disorder</a> and <a href="/health/rheumatoid-arthritis-causes-risks/causes-autoimmune-diseases-rheumatoid-arthritis">autoimmune disease</a> that affects the lining of the joints, causing pain, swelling, redness, fever, fatigue and other symptoms. RA typically affects joints in the hands and feet, but can affect other joints as well.</p>Read more
Talking with Your RheumatologistUse Our Doctor Visit Guide
Rheumatoid Arthritis Q&As
Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
Can orthotic devices improve the way I live with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
An orthotic may help you with walking and your RA if you have mechanical or structural foot/ankle problems. Mechanical problems are those that come from you using your foot and ankle. Structural problems are those that come from the bones in your foot and ankle. <br /> <br /> To determine if orthotics would be of benefit to you, seek out the services of a certified Pedorthist.
- QWhat is a swan-neck deformity of the hand with RA?
- QWhat do I need to know about caring for someone with rheumatoid arthritis?
- QCan diet or food choices affect rheumatoid arthritis?
- QCan rheumatoid arthritis be mistaken for osteoarthritis?
- QHow does Rheumatoid arthritis affect the joints?
- QCan rheumatoid arthritis be prevented?
- QWhat is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- QHow can I exercise if I have pain from rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- QWhat questions should I ask my doctor if I have rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- QHow is heart disease related to rheumatoid arthritis diagnosed?
- QCan I manage rheumatoid arthritis (RA) with lifestyle changes?
- QCan rheumatoid arthritis (RA) go into remission?
- QWhat are some serious RA complications?
- QWhy does Rheumatoid Arthritis cause weight loss?
- QWhat percentage of people worldwide are affected by RA?
- QWhat is hand and finger Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- QHow does rheumatoid arthritis impact the internal organs?
- QWhat is rheumatoid arthritis of the hip?