How can I make dinner with my family more meaningful?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Attempt to make at least an occasional dinner a time for a true feast. Turn off the television, the computer, and the phone. Pull out the family silver, the linen napkins, the good china. Light candles and put fresh flowers on your table. Develop dinnertime rituals that speak to your soul. Create your own unique personal blessing that acknowledges the process by which your food came to your table, your gratefulness for the sacrifices others have made for your meal, and your gratitude for being blessed with enough to eat. Begin your meal by taking three deep breaths, pausing and looking at your food, and practicing gratitude. Appreciate the colors, textures, and aromas while you consider all the work and wonder that went into this meal. Connect in silence with the people gathered, and enjoy the peace and fellowship of a leisurely feast.
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Relationships and Family

Why Spending Time With Friends Will Lower Your Stress
Thousands of studies have found that the majority of us thrive when we have strong, positive relationships with other people. Your happiness actually ...
How can I see the reality of universal relationship?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Smile: For one day, determine to smile at every person with whom you make eye contact.Send blessings...
10 Things Happy Couples Do
10 Things Happy Couples Do10 Things Happy Couples Do10 Things Happy Couples Do10 Things Happy Couples Do
Fireworks are great, but that's not what keeps love strong for years.
Testosterone Keeps You Honest
Testosterone Keeps You Honest