How can I see the reality of universal relationship?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

Smile: For one day, determine to smile at every person with whom you make eye contact.

Send blessings: You can continue smiling, but today add a silent blessing of positive intention for the people you encounter. Possible thoughts include, "May you be well," "May you be free from suffering," "God grant you peace," and "Let your life be filled with grace."

Use it or lose it: Go through your closets and take out everything that you have not worn in over a year. The stack of jeans you used to fit into before the last two children should be the first to go. Cart them all down to the Salvation Army or church clothing drive; they will find much better use there than on your shelves.

Do a one-day self-imposed tithing: For every dollar that you spend on yourself, from filling your tank up with gas to buying a fast-food lunch, put aside 10 percent. Save your receipts to tally up. Do this once a week for the rest of the year, then give the money away. You will be amazed at how much you have accumulated - and shocked to realize that it is only a tiny fraction of what you have personally spent.

Pick one activity and take action: Make a list of things you care passionately about, but which have no direct impact on your day-to-day life. Decide on one thing that you can do to make a difference and take a step toward that goal today.

Start a chain reaction: Talk to your friends, family, and coworkers. See what they are profoundly moved by and inspire them to do something about it. Encourage them to get behind their convictions.

Continue Learning about Relationships and Family

Relationship Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Do you suffer from drama déjà vu? Maybe you and your partner talk in circles without truly understanding what the other is saying. Maybe your connecti...
What are symptoms of dependency?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
When a dependency develops, a person exhibits at least three of these symptoms or behaviors: gre...
Is Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is Complicated
Is Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is Complicated
Tying the knot can have its health benefits—but it depends on the quality of your relationship.
How Can I Overcome Insecurities to Be a Less Jealous Partner?