Is there a cure for radon poisoning?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Unfortunately there is no cure for radon poisoning. Radon enters the body as in the form of tiny particles. These particles enter the lungs where they release alpha radiation that can damage lung cells and lead to lung cancer. The damage caused by the radiation cannot be reversed. There is also no effective treatment for radon poisoning, so prevention is of critical importance.

Continue Learning about Radon Exposure (Poisoning)

How is radon poisoning diagnosed?
Radon poisoning is difficult to diagnose. There are no symptoms, signs, or laboratory tests that are...
How does radon poisoning affect a person's body?
Radon gas spontaneously breaks down into smaller radioactive particles. When these particles decay, ...
How do other illnesses or conditions effect radon poisoning?
Radon poisoning is not directly affected by any other illnesses or conditions. However, the risk of ...
Should I talk to my doctor about radon poisoning?
Unfortunately, the only way a doctor can tell if you've been harmed by radon poisoning is when it's ...