What are the treatment options for radon poisoning?

Unfortunately there is no therapy currently available to treat radon poisoning itself. When a person is suspected of having radon poisoning, it is important to limit further exposure to radon as much as possible to prevent further lung damage. All potential sources of radon should be tested, especially the air inside the person's home. Measures to reduce radon from these sources should be performed if necessary. It is also important to try to reduce the risk of developing lung cancer, which is the only known health problem caused by radon poisoning. As cigarette smoking significantly increases the risk of radon-induced lung cancer, stopping smoking is a high priority.

Continue Learning about Radon Exposure (Poisoning)

What can I do if I have unsafe levels of radon in my home?
Phillip J. Landrigan, MDPhillip J. Landrigan, MD
If you have unsafe levels of radon in your home, your best course of action is to hire a trained rad...
How do other illnesses or conditions effect radon poisoning?
Radon poisoning is not directly affected by any other illnesses or conditions. However, the risk of ...
What is the rate of incidence for radon poisoning?
As there are no symptoms, signs, or test results specific for radon poisoning, it is very difficult ...
How can radon exposure affect my risk of developing cancer?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
We all breathe a certain level of radon gas every day, usually at very low levels. It is an invisibl...