What is accelerated radiation therapy?

Accelerated radiation therapy is a type of radiation treatment in which the total dose of radiation is given over a shorter period of time (fewer days) compared to standard radiation therapy.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Radiation Therapy For Cancer

How has radiation improved?
Eric M. Genden, MDEric M. Genden, MD
Radiation for throat cancer is far more targeted. In this video, Eric Genden, MD, chairman of the de...
How does systemic radiation therapy work?
PearlPoint Cancer SupportPearlPoint Cancer Support
Systemic radiation therapy is used to treat cancer. With this type of therapy, the person with cance...
What is laser light?
Stephen WechslerStephen Wechsler
Cold Laser is becoming popular for the reduction of inflammation and increasing circulation to an ar...
How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?