What is accelerated radiation therapy?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Accelerated radiation therapy is a type of radiation treatment in which the total dose of radiation is given over a shorter period of time (fewer days) compared to standard radiation therapy.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Radiation Therapy For Cancer

How can I be sure there are no errors in my radiation treatment?
Hospital Safety ScoreHospital Safety Score
Radiation treatment for cancer can be very effective. However, it can be hard to trust a treatment t...
What is on-board imaging (OBI) for radiation therapy?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
On-board imaging (OBI) refers to the use of daily x-rays (taken right on the linear accelerator) tha...
What is radiation therapy for cancer?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Radiation therapy offers you a noninvasive cancer treatment option. There's no pain during the proce...
How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?