How many people in the United States smoke?

About 20.7% of the population over the age of 16 smoke.  In America, that means about 50 million people in total smoke.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

Can I restore my physical appearance if I quit smoking?
Your friends tell me nothing will help-but in all seriousness quitting smoking will give you more vi...
Is nicotine addictive?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Nicotine is extremely addictive. In fact, it is as addicting as heroin. It is 1000 times more addict...
Why is it important for women to quit smoking?
Joanne M. Foody, MDJoanne M. Foody, MD
Smoking is one of the biggest risk factors for a heart attack for both men and women. It also puts y...
Is there a Spectrum of smoking to prevent the risk of heart disease?
Cigarette smoking is one the leading causes of heart disease, and quitting decreases your risk of th...