How many people around the world smoke cigarettes?

About 1.1 billion people -- one in every three adults -- are smokers, according to the World Health Organization. China is the world’s largest producer and consumer of cigarettes, with more than 350 million residents reporting being current or former smokers.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

How to Quit Smoking in 5 Steps
How to Quit Smoking in 5 Steps
"Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it a hundred times!" If you've tried to stop puffing on coffin nails, Mark Twain's quotation rings oh-too-true. B...
Can I smoke and not become addicted to nicotine?
Nicotine addiction begins to occur with your first drag of a cigarette. Nicotine is extremely ad...
Not Ready to Quit Smoking? Try These Lifestyle Changes Instead
Not Ready to Quit Smoking? Try These Lifestyle Changes InsteadNot Ready to Quit Smoking? Try These Lifestyle Changes InsteadNot Ready to Quit Smoking? Try These Lifestyle Changes InsteadNot Ready to Quit Smoking? Try These Lifestyle Changes Instead
Healthy eating and exercise can make it easier to quit when you are finally ready.
How to Be Tobacco-Free
How to Be Tobacco-Free