How many people around the world smoke cigarettes?

About 1.1 billion people -- one in every three adults -- are smokers, according to the World Health Organization. China is the world’s largest producer and consumer of cigarettes, with more than 350 million residents reporting being current or former smokers.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

Hawaii Health Alert: Is Vaping Really Better Than Smoking?
Millions of Americans use e-cigarettes regularly, and the number of vapers in the United States is on the rise, particularly among young people. Vapin...
I miss the feeling of a cigarette in my mouth; what can I do?
It is common for people who have smoked to be in the habit of having something in their mouth. Good ...
5 Ways to Overcome Cigarette Cravings
5 Ways to Overcome Cigarette Cravings5 Ways to Overcome Cigarette Cravings5 Ways to Overcome Cigarette Cravings5 Ways to Overcome Cigarette Cravings
Quitting is hard, but not impossible.
5 Steps to Quit Smoking
5 Steps to Quit Smoking