A normal prostate has a smooth, soft texture. Cancers in the prostate will make nodules, or “hard” areas, on the prostate’s surface. Your doctor may feel them during a rectal exam.
- Q What is hereditary prostate cancer (HPC)?
- Q How do castration-resistant and hormone-refractory prostate cancers differ?
- Q Who should have a digital rectal exam?
- Q What are my chances of surviving prostate cancer?
- Q What is recurrent prostate cancer?
- Q What's the difference between prostate cancer and BPH?