A normal prostate has a smooth, soft texture. Cancers in the prostate will make nodules, or “hard” areas, on the prostate’s surface. Your doctor may feel them during a rectal exam.
- Q Is prostate cancer serious?
- Q Are there any risks associated with prostate cancer screening?
- Q What is recurrent prostate cancer?
- Q What are the risks of avoiding prostate cancer screening?
- Q What is hereditary prostate cancer (HPC)?
- Q Should I get a prostate cancer screening if I have no family history of it?