Is online coaching affordable?

Dr. Mike Clark, DPT
Fitness

Yes, it is an affordable alternative to in-person coaching or training.  Learn more.

Virtual coaching is usually more affordable than "real life" personal training.  Virtual coaching sessions can vary in price which is determined by the virtual coach based on factors such as their credentials, popularity, and availability.  The duration of the sessions and the amount of weekly communication/support can also play a role in the prices per session.  Frequently, virtual coaches will have packages of virtual coaching sessions priced at a discounted rate because you are paying for all of the sessions up front.  Virtual coaching sessions are, on average, more affordable and can offer you the support and information you need to reach your goals.

Online training is generally more affordable than in-person training. Most online trainers will usually offer a one-month training package at the same rate they usually charge to train a client in-person for a one-hour session. There are many variations among online training programs and packages, such as the variety of your workout programs and the amount of contact and support you will receive from your online personal trainer. I recommend you do your research before purchasing an online training program. Look at the trainer's experience, qualifications, and success they have had training clients online. Then make sure you understand the quality, along with the level of support and service, you will receive in return for your investment in the particular program/package you choose.

If you choose a good online trainer (Sharecare.com is a fantastic place to look) and commit to your program, online training is a great way to train with a highly qualified personal trainer for a very reasonable rate and successfully achieve your goals.

Continue Learning about Personal Trainers and Fitness

Are all personal trainers the same?
Tyler Wallace Tyler Wallace
No. All personal trainers are not the same. There are a variety of personal training certifications ...
What is the primary role of a health and wellness coach?
Health and wellness coaches are responsible for contacting individuals who are eligible for the prog...
How do I choose a personal trainer?
Mr. Rich Kevan, CPTMr. Rich Kevan, CPT
You should choose based on your needs and their specialties first. You don’t want to hire a sports t...
If I have a busy schedule, would online coaching work for me?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Absolutely! The great thing about online training is that your fitness program is designed to fit ri...