Is online coaching affordable?

Dr. Mike Clark, DPT
Fitness

Yes, it is an affordable alternative to in-person coaching or training.  Learn more.

Online training is generally more affordable than in-person training. Most online trainers will usually offer a one-month training package at the same rate they usually charge to train a client in-person for a one-hour session. There are many variations among online training programs and packages, such as the variety of your workout programs and the amount of contact and support you will receive from your online personal trainer. I recommend you do your research before purchasing an online training program. Look at the trainer's experience, qualifications, and success they have had training clients online. Then make sure you understand the quality, along with the level of support and service, you will receive in return for your investment in the particular program/package you choose.

If you choose a good online trainer (Sharecare.com is a fantastic place to look) and commit to your program, online training is a great way to train with a highly qualified personal trainer for a very reasonable rate and successfully achieve your goals.

Virtual coaching is usually more affordable than "real life" personal training.  Virtual coaching sessions can vary in price which is determined by the virtual coach based on factors such as their credentials, popularity, and availability.  The duration of the sessions and the amount of weekly communication/support can also play a role in the prices per session.  Frequently, virtual coaches will have packages of virtual coaching sessions priced at a discounted rate because you are paying for all of the sessions up front.  Virtual coaching sessions are, on average, more affordable and can offer you the support and information you need to reach your goals.

Continue Learning about Personal Trainers and Fitness

How can I make live training more fun?
Having a live coach can make training more fun if you are open and honest with your coach from the s...
Will online coaching help me achieve my goals?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Many people have had great success with online coaching. If you are committed to your trainer, and t...
Is virtual coaching expensive?
Jay Morgan, NASM Elite TrainerJay Morgan, NASM Elite Trainer
Virtual coaching is a cost effective tool for an individual to implement in regards to reaching thei...
Does virtual coaching require any specific skills?
To perform virtual coaching sessions you have to be committed to your program and know how to naviga...