How often should I see a personal trainer?

Start heavy on instruction with a personal trainer, with a number of sessions in a row, and then taper off. A good trainer will focus closely on technique, so you learn how to do each exercise properly. See the trainer several times in the first two weeks. Having a number of sessions close together reinforces what you learn, and you won't forget as easily. After the first two weeks, go for a refresher once a week for a month and then monthly after that, or as needed.
How often you should see a personal trainer depends on your goals, your current fitness levels and your economics. People see a personal trainer anywhere from a few times a month to several times a week. The more benefit you feel you get from seeing the trainer the more you should see him or her so long as your budget can afford it.

Continue Learning about Personal Trainers and Fitness

What kind of follow-up strategy should I expect from my personal trainer?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
Every professional is different and will often have varying follow-up procedures.  Commonly, you wil...
Is virtual coaching expensive?
Virtual coaching is usually less expensive than "real life" personal training.  Virtual coaching se...
How can using a personal trainer help a walker get fit?
Mark Dickey , NASM Elite TrainerMark Dickey , NASM Elite Trainer
A NASM personal trainer can design for you a walking fitness program, and perform a dynamic postural...
How does live coaching make working out easier?
Having a live coach makes working out easier for the following key reasons: motivation, education, ...