What should I discuss with my doctor about my shoulder pain?

When you go to your doctor, provide as much information as you can, and don't be afraid to ask questions or repeat yourself. The shoulder is vulnerable to many different conditions and injuries, and your doctor will need as much information as possible to give you a correct diagnosis. It's not unheard of for a doctor to mistake frozen shoulder for other conditions, particularly a torn rotator cuff. So don't be afraid to ask your doctor why he or she has come to a diagnosis -- any diagnosis.

Continue Learning about Pain

For the Best Pain Relief, Give Someone a Hug
Some days, all you need to feel better is a giant hug, and science agrees. Research scientists from the University of Colorado Boulder and the Univers...
Why can pain be helpful?
In its simplest form, pain is the physical sensation that results from an injury or a situation ...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
Nurses Share Their Favorite At-Home Pain Solutions