A healthy adult bladder can hold between 350 milliliters (ml) and 550 ml of urine, which is about one and half to two cups. Most people feel the need to urinate when there is about 200 ml of urine in the bladder, or a little less than one cup.
- Q Do my bowel habits affect overactive bladder?
- Q How much urine does an adult bladder normally hold?
- Q What is sensory urge incontinence?
- Q How common is overactive bladder?
- Q Is overactive bladder a normal part of aging?
- Q Is overactive bladder more common in women or men?