A healthy adult bladder can hold between 350 milliliters (ml) and 550 ml of urine, which is about one and half to two cups. Most people feel the need to urinate when there is about 200 ml of urine in the bladder, or a little less than one cup.
- Q Does the amount of liquids I drink affect overactive bladder?
- Q Do my bowel habits affect overactive bladder?
- Q What is a urinary false alarm?
- Q How often does someone with overactive bladder need to urinate?
- Q Why do I leak when I sneeze?
- Q How much urine does an adult bladder normally hold?