Studies have shown that artificial sweeteners can negatively affect how the bladder works. People who drank beverages sweetened with artificial sweeteners had increased overactive bladder symptoms and incidents compared with those who drank beverages with sugar or unsweetened.
- Q Is spina bifida associated with overactive bladder?
- Q Is race a factor for overactive bladder?
- Q Can bladder stones cause overactive bladder?
- Q What beverages may irritate my bladder?
- Q Can medical illness cause temporary symptoms of overactive bladder?
- Q How can menopause lead to overactive bladder?