Are some skin types more susceptible to ocular rosacea than others?

Ocular rosacea is more common in people with fair skin than people with dark skin. Ocular rosacea may be diagnosed more in fair-skinned people due to genetics or simply because it is more noticeable. However, people with dark skin are not immune to the condition.

Continue Learning about Ocular Rosacea

How is ocular rosacea treated?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
Rosacea cannot be cured, but it can usually be treated and controlled. For skin symptoms, doctors us...
How do I manage my ocular rosacea on a daily basis?
To manage ocular rosacea, be sure to avoid anything that could trigger an outbreak. Pay attention to...
Should I use artificial tears to treat ocular rosacea?
Sometimes you can use artificial tears to treat the symptoms of ocular rosacea, such as dry, red, it...
What kind of doctor treats ocular rosacea?
If you have ocular rosacea, you may want to see a specialist. An ophthalmologist is a doctor who spe...