question

Where can I find a dietitian who would help me gain weight?

Joan Salge Blake, MS, RD
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RD on behalf of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
answer
There are many places to find a registered dietitian (RD). Many RDs are working in the outpatient department of hospitals, in clinics, and often times, in private practice. Check with your insurance company to see if your policy covers nutrition counseling by an RD as many do. They will also have a list of RD for you to visit.

Another way to find an RD is to visit the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) website at: www.eatright.org. Then click on "Find an RD." 
dotFIT
dotFIT
answer
Kat Barefield, MS RD is a Sharecare expert and a dotFIT lead dietitian. She also was a competitive athlete and works with many others on nutrition for performance and weight gain.

You can visit her on the dotFIT Profile Page and contact her to set up a coaching session through dotFIT. dotFIT profile page: http://www.sharecare.com/group/dotfit

Continue Learning about Nutrition

How Your Body Responds to Just One High-Fat Meal
Before jumping on the latest trend that tells you it’s okay to pour cream or butter in your coffee, you should be aware of the four major effects that...
Is eating sour food dangerous?
Many sour foods are very nutritious foods with good or great sources of vitamin C, potassium and fol...
What will happen if I take in too many nutrients?
Ingesting too much of nutrients can be unproductive and possibly destructive. Learn more from our co...
What is the goal of nutrition counseling?
Goal of nutrition counseling is to develop a plan that will help you reach your goal. Learn more fro...