What is curvature myopia?

Curvature myopia is a form of nearsightedness. People that are nearsighted can see objects that are close clearly but have difficulty focusing on objects farther away. Nearsightedness is the result of having an eye that is too long or a cornea that is too curved. When the cornea is too curved, it affects how the light refracts within the eyeball. Instead of refracting directly on the retina, light refracts in front of the cornea.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of myopia?
Myopia is a common vision impairment. It is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the Unite...
Is early adult-onset myopia serious?
Early adult-onset myopia is mildly serious and should be treated. An inability to see things clearly...
What causes blurry vision while driving at night?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
Blurred vision when driving at night indicates that you have probably developed some myopia (nea...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...