What increases my risk of late adult onset myopia?

The number one risk factor for developing myopia is that someone in your family has/had it, particularly a parent. Since it runs in families, you have a greater risk of developing myopia if someone in your family also has it. Activities that involve doing a lot of close work, such as reading, have also been cited as increasing your risk for myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Is myopia serious?
Myopia should not be ignored as it can be serious. Myopia is treatable, so talking to your doctor ca...
What is low myopia?
Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness. Myopia can be referred to in degrees of severity: low,...
What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...