What increases my risk of late adult onset myopia?

The number one risk factor for developing myopia is that someone in your family has/had it, particularly a parent. Since it runs in families, you have a greater risk of developing myopia if someone in your family also has it. Activities that involve doing a lot of close work, such as reading, have also been cited as increasing your risk for myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How common is high myopia?
High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a h...
Does late adult onset myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. However, diagnosis of late adult onset myopia indicates that th...
What is early adult-onset myopia?
Myopiais the medical term for nearsightedness.Early adult-onsetmeans that the nearsightedness starte...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...