LASIK surgery is a procedure that can correct eye impairments, including youth onset myopia. In LASIK surgery, a doctor alters the shape of the eye. This allows light to reflect on the retina, instead of in front of it as in myopia. LASIK would correct the nearsightedness and would remove the need to wear glasses or contacts. You should be aware though that corrective eye surgery is not generally recommended for those under 18.
- Q Can curvature myopia be cured?
- Q What are the treatment options for late adult onset myopia?
- Q Can a high degree of myopia be cured?
- Q Is there a cure for myopia?
- Q Is there a cure for early adult-onset myopia?
- Q What's the best way to correct or reduce high-degree myopia?