LASIK surgery is a procedure that can correct eye impairments, including youth onset myopia. In LASIK surgery, a doctor alters the shape of the eye. This allows light to reflect on the retina, instead of in front of it as in myopia. LASIK would correct the nearsightedness and would remove the need to wear glasses or contacts. You should be aware though that corrective eye surgery is not generally recommended for those under 18.
- Q Can a low degree of myopia be cured?
- Q What are the treatment options for early adult-onset myopia?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for youth onset myopia?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for myopia?
- Q How is vision therapy used for myopia?
- Q Can medications be used to treat low myopia?