LASIK surgery is a procedure that can correct eye impairments, including youth onset myopia. In LASIK surgery, a doctor alters the shape of the eye. This allows light to reflect on the retina, instead of in front of it as in myopia. LASIK would correct the nearsightedness and would remove the need to wear glasses or contacts. You should be aware though that corrective eye surgery is not generally recommended for those under 18.
- Q How do medications treat late adult onset myopia?
- Q How does LASIK surgery treat myopia?
- Q What's the best way to correct or reduce high-degree myopia?
- Q How do medications treat early adult-onset myopia?
- Q Can curvature myopia be cured?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for low myopia?