How do medications treat myopia?

Medications are not often used to treat myopia as they cannot change the size or shape of your eye. There are a few medications that can be used, known as cycloplegic agents. However, these medications have multiple risks associated with them. Many do not consider these medications to be a benefit because of the side effects.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Does myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. The symptoms and causes of myopia are the same regardless of ag...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
What is the rate of incidence of late adult onset myopia?
Late adult onset myopia is diagnosed in people that are over 40 years of age. It is estimated that 2...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...