How does illness affect my curvature myopia?

Curvature myopia or nearsightedness is caused by having a cornea that is curved too much. A curved cornea can be affected by an eye disease such as glaucoma. Eye infections and eye ulcers (corneal ulcers) that are not treated can also affect the cornea. Eye infection or ulcers can be the result of eye injury, chronic inflammation, and severe allergies.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is low myopia?
Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness. Myopia can be referred to in degrees of severity: low,...
What causes blurry vision while driving at night?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
Blurred vision when driving at night indicates that you have probably developed some myopia (nea...
Is early adult-onset myopia serious?
Early adult-onset myopia is mildly serious and should be treated. An inability to see things clearly...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...