What is concentrated milk?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

Concentrated milks are made by the partial removal of water from fluid milk. These products are pasteurized and may be homogenized and/or fortified with vitamin D. Evaporated milk is made by removing about 60 percent of milk's water, homogenizing it, standardizing it to the required percentages of components, adding vitamins (vitamin D up to 25 IU per ounce; vitamin A is optional), and stabilizing the product.

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Milk & Health

Is Coconut Milk Really Good for You?
Is Coconut Milk Really Good for You?
Coconut milk is the new kid in the dairy case these days, turning up as a vegan alternative to cow's milk, creamer, yogurt, ice cream, even "butter." ...
Can I drink milk if I am already congested?
Many people get excess mucus if they drink milk when they are already congested.
Oat, Almond or Cow? How to Pick the Perfect Milk
Oat, Almond or Cow? How to Pick the Perfect MilkOat, Almond or Cow? How to Pick the Perfect MilkOat, Almond or Cow? How to Pick the Perfect MilkOat, Almond or Cow? How to Pick the Perfect Milk
Here are seven dairy and plant-based options to try today.
Why Organic Milk Is Best
Why Organic Milk Is Best