Can I overdose on heartburn medications?

It is possible to overdose on heartburn medication. You should never take more than one dose of your heartburn medication. Too many doses of heartburn medication can result in a drug overdose. If you suspect you have overdosed on heartburn medication, you should contact your doctor or the poison control center right away.

Continue Learning about Medication Overdose and Poisoning

What is the cause of serotonin syndrome?
MediGuardMediGuard
Serotonin syndrome happens when the chemical serotonin accumulates in the body, usually caused by me...
How common are prescription painkiller overdoses?
Although many types of prescription drugs are abused, there is currently a growing epidemic of presc...
What is serotonin syndrome?
MediGuardMediGuard
Serotonin syndrome is a rare but serious condition caused by too much serotonin in the brain. The sy...
What habits can make over-the-counter medicine use unsafe?
Over-the-counter (OTC) medicines can be harmful if misused or not used responsibly. Problems can ari...