What are good level change exercises for combat sports?

An excellent level change exercises is the shoot and pummel with a dumbbell. Shooting may be defined as any point in time when the athlete drops down, rushing in on their opponent. Standing on one leg holding a set of dumbbells, lunge to the front. As you reach the lunge position extend the arms as if you were shooting in on an opponent to initiate the takedown. Along with your core, stabilization, and strength work, performing this exercise two to three sets for ten to twelve reps three days per week will definitely prepare you for situations that require you to lunge, explode in and win the takedown.

Continue Learning about Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
At the beginning of the 1982 film Rocky III, Sylvester Stallone (Rocky) steps into the ring with Hulk Hogan (Thunderlips). The boxing and wrestling ch...
What type of performance program should I use for combat sports?
The optimal performance program for combat sports should include core and balance training, plyo...
Will circuit training help my endurance for fights?
Circuit training is a great tool to implement into your performance program for several reasons....
How do I optimize training for combat sports?
The best program to enhance your combat readiness should include core and balance training, plyometr...