How can I get quicker with my striking?

Gain speed by incorporating complex training into your routine.  Begin with core power exercises such as a basic abdominal crunch followed by an explosive medicine ball crunch with rotation. Next, set a cable pulley or resistance tubing approximately chest high.  Holding the handle, perform striking mechanics and follow it immediately with heavy bag striking.  Perform this complex superset for four total sets, five repetitions for the first movement, and ten repetitions for the second. After completing four to six weeks of this complex striking routine the speed and quickness of your hands will improve.

Continue Learning about Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
At the beginning of the 1982 film Rocky III, Sylvester Stallone (Rocky) steps into the ring with Hulk Hogan (Thunderlips). The boxing and wrestling ch...
What is the difference between strength and power?
Simply stated, strength is movement of weight, and power is how quickly that weight is moved. Bo...
Will jumping rope help me with footwork during a fight?
Although jump-rope training has traditionally been used to enhance footwork skill and as cardiov...
How can I increase my reaction time during hand fighting?
Reaction time may be defined as the point in time when an athlete actually recognizes when to re...